Friday, March 02, 2007

We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Life

Well, the Solas awards were a shutout. Readers of yesterday’s blog will probably guess that I’m disappointed, but it’s all good. For one thing, I honestly am glad to get to delete a bookmark. It’s bad enough how many times in a normal day I click over to E! Online and SF Gate. I wasn’t looking for any more sites to obsessively monitor.

The other good thing is that I got a very nice and encouraging e-mail from the Executive Editor of Travelers’ Tales, who happened to read my blog (didn’t see that coming) and was, I think, a little concerned for my mental health. I’ll tell you what I told him, which is that I may have been exaggerating my compulsive nature a tiny bit. Okay, I admit, I really did check the Travelers’ Tales site first thing. Maybe more than once. But I also went for a walk, cleaned up the kitchen, updated my profile on some networking sites, and even did a little writing. I didn’t strictly speaking, actually put my whole life on hold waiting for a web site to refresh.

To put it in perspective, I’m actually a lot more upset by the fact that my second-favorite Bay-Area radio station switched overnight to a Toby Keith-style, Southern Comfort-swilling, Chevy-driving, boot-scootin’, slap-your-Mama country format. That, my friends, is disappointing.

No comments: