Monday, March 12, 2007

Not Strictly Related, But….

…Boy, it sure was dark this morning when I woke up.

The time change brings out the curmudgeon in some of my family members. I don’t personally mind so much the change in the spring. I really like it when it stays light late.

No, what makes me cranky is changing the clocks. My computer was smart enough to see this coming, and so was my cable TV box. Every other time-telling device in the house acted like it’s from Arizona and had no idea what was going on. Pipi and I spent a lot of Sunday morning changing a grand total of five watches, two wall clocks, two alarm clocks, the VCR, the microwave, and toaster-oven clocks; the kitchen radio clock; the thermostat; one desk-top clock; two car radios; and--this is a new one for us—the telephone time display. (Luckily, if you change one phone, it gets the word out to the other extensions.)

The worst part is that I fear some of these time pieces are going to jump themselves forward an hour in April when they’re used to changing, and we’ll have to repeat the whole room-to-room assault.

No comments: