Friday, March 16, 2007

Not Strictly Related, But….

…My sister’s here! She’s going to cooking school in San Francisco for the next six months and living at our parents’ place there. Today we had lunch together and walked around the Mission District. We started at La Taqueria, at 25th and Mission, saw some murals, and then walked up to 18th St., where some gelato may have been tasted at Bi-Rite Creamery. The brown butter pecan ice cream might be amazing.

The only sad note: Valencia St. Books seems to have closed. They had a great cat who lived there named Grumblebunny, which is one of the all-time great cat names. I really wanted to introduce my sister to Grumble, but I guess we’ll have to figure out where she moved to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is at http://vsbooklady.livejournal.com/90949.html

Nicole said...

Oh yeah, that's Grumblebunny alright! Thank you for letting me know.

Grumble reminds me of an Abyssinian we had when I was growing up. I think I liked Margaux (red abby) better than Margaux liked me, but still, she was a good cat and I still have a soft spot for tiny, energetic, independent cats.