Tuesday, November 28, 2006

More Odd Snack News

Today I made another Asian café find. There is a hole-in-the-wall place at the corner of 7th and Webster Streets that offers another very Asian treat: hot Coke with lemon.

If that sounds disgusting, well, it probably is. I’m not very interested in it myself; this drink has been a particular favorite of Pipi’s since she had it at a strange restaurant in San Francisco a few months ago. I think it sounds horrible, but then Pipi can barely stand to watch me drink pearl tea, so there you go. It’s just one of those things you have to agree to disagree about when you’re in a relationship.

I still want to go to this new restaurant because they also have condensed milk toast on the menu. That’s the treat the place I went to yesterday said they were out of. I didn’t have my wallet with me today, so I didn’t go in, but I’m sure we’ll be indulging in a high-glucose snack there soon.

No comments: