Friday, November 10, 2006

Last-Minute Travel Plans

My friend Wendy, who lives in Virginia, is in town for business this weekend. She’s based in Palo Alto, and talked me into going down there tonight so that we (“we” includes several other Bay Area friends, I think) can get an early start and explore the town of San Gregorio. I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t know where this town was yesterday. It turns out to be west of Palo Alto. I’m also embarrassed to say I didn’t realize there was much of a west of Palo Alto, but as it turns out, almost the whole Peninsula is west of Palo Alto. San Gregorio appears to be on the beach on the Pacific side of the Peninsula. I have not yet gotten to do much research but I hear from a reliable source that the San Gregorio General Store serves sarsaparilla, so I like it already. More on Monday!

No comments: