Thursday, May 03, 2007

Something You Don’t See Every Day


This isn’t west Oakland; this is central Oakland, on the north side of Lake Merritt. This picture shows something I think I’ve only seen one other time in my life (in Barcelona): A cathedral under construction.

It’s not every day you see a cathedral being built, so I’m fascinated by this process. Especially interesting is the fact that they seem to be building the roof first. Seems unconventional, but like I said, I’ve only seen one other incomplete cathedral, so it’s not for me to say what’s normal and what isn’t.

I’m trying not to be upset that this building seems to be coming along faster than the new Trader Joe’s we’ve been promised in my own neighborhood, but I read somewhere that patience is a virtue, so I’m trying to remain calm.

No comments: