Thursday, May 10, 2007

It Works!

I’ve signed up for sites sort of like Gekko before, where you can post content and hope someone buys it, but I’ve never had any luck with them. I haven’t sold anything through Gekko yet, either (it’s only been a few days!), but I did have an interesting experience this morning.

I found a message in my email box from another Gekko member asking if I happened to have any photos of indigenous Australians doing photogenic things. Apparently the writer wanted to contact me on behalf of a book publisher who needed these shots, and was hoping I could sell him some.

I wasn’t able to help much beyond recommending that he contact my photographer friend John (who probably doesn’t have any pictures like this either). Still, it’s good to know that this site, billed as a networking site, really does seem to be just that.

No comments: