Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Okay, This Is Embarrassing

I remembered another resolution (and it’s so typical of what I do that I’m just now thinking of it): I resolve to finish my Christmas cards.

I wish I could say that I’m joking, but I’m not. Well, maybe I’m exaggerating a little. I never really intended to send Christmas cards. I wanted to, but knew I probably wouldn’t get that together. So I set my sights on New Year’s cards. Just this morning someone wished me a happy new year, so I know the moment hasn’t completely passed, which is encouraging. My goal is to get them out by the end of this week, ideally before the denuded, desiccated, abandoned Christmas trees start appearing on sidewalks, because that’s how you know the holiday season has really entered the hangover phase.

Honestly, I don’t know how I ever got anything accomplished when I had a real job.

No comments: