Thursday, January 25, 2007

Going to Miami

People often ask me where and when my next trip will be, and I now I have a specific answer: Pipi and I are going to Miami for Presidents’ Day weekend (leaving Saturday and returning Tuesday). On the itinerary for sure is the Deco District and Little Havana.

I never thought I’d say this, because I’m not really much of a fan, but I’m finding myself wishing good health to El Jefe. At least until the end of February. Because every time the guy sneezes, it seems like the Miami ex-patriot population dances in the streets. I really don’t want to see what happens in Miami if Castro actually carks it (new Kiwi phrase I just learned) while we’re there. Like I said, he’s not my favorite communist despot, but I still don’t want to witness anyone celebrating his death. That’s beyond bad karma. I don't care how big your finca was in the Batista days. It's just wrong.

No comments: