Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pom Pom’s Teahouse and Sandwicheria

Girls That Roam comes through for me again: I’ve just had another Orlando article published. This one is on Pom Pom’s Teahouse and Sandwicheria, a quirky place that I liked a lot. This restaurant was one of many that pleasantly surprised me in Orlando. It’s in the middle of a strip mall, which didn’t seem to bode well. But the mall turned out to be cooler than expected--there was a great record store there called Retro Records, which impressed me. And then the restaurant turned out to be really interesting. I still think about my lunch, which was the sandwich pictured, called the Mama Ling Ling’s Thanksgiving. It was very comforting, full of stuffing and gravy, but it had funky touches, too, like some kind of curry sauce. I think I called it “Benetton on a plate” in my article and that pretty much describes it. I highly recommend the place if you’re in Orlando at lunchtime.

No comments: