Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Red Room

I spoke too soon. I went to the Philippine Airlines office this morning to pick up the latest copy of their in-flight magazine, which should include an article I wrote about Shanghai. But the place was mobbed, so I decided to come back another day. I will post the article when I get a hold of it, but not today.

Instead I want to show you something else I discovered. It’s a site called Red Room, which bills itself as a social networking site for authors--sort of like MySpace with better grammar. It says they’re open to writers both known and unknown, but I’m a little intimidated by the fact that you have to apply. This makes it seem a little more like a sorority with fewer parties. But I applied anyway. They asked me what I write, where I’ve been published, and whether I think Paul Theroux or Tom Wolfe is cuter.

Okay, not really. I just get catty when I’m nervous. I’ll know within a week whether or not I’m one of the cool kids.

No comments: