Monday, March 03, 2008

Over It

A few months ago, I wrote a post enthusing about a site called WAYN.com.

But I’m over it.

I still like some of the widgets, like the one that keeps track of how much of the world you’ve visited. And I like the idea of being able to communicate with travelers all over the globe. But the reality is starting to get really annoying. I’m getting several emails a week like this one:

HI MY NAME IS BEN,TO BE HONEST WITH YOU AM MUCH IN LOVE WITH YOUR PROFILE......SO I WAS THINKING IF YOU COULD GIVE ME THE PRIVILEAGE TO HAVE AN ONLINE CHAT WITH A GOOD LOOKING ANGEL LIKE YOU, AS TO KNOW YOU BETTER,

WE DO NOT MEET AN ANGEL IN OUR EVERY DAY LIFE SO NOW THAT I MET YOU, I WOULDN'T LET YOU GO TILL YOU BLESS ME WITH YOU BEAUTY

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON ANGEL.

Ben is from Morocco, so I don’t hold the broken English against him. And I know he isn’t really angry, so I’ll let the caps slide. But…angel? Come on. Read the profile, people.

No comments: