Thursday, January 26, 2006

Anthologized

I’m going to be in my first anthology. Someday. A woman in southern California is putting together an anthology called We the People, Too. It’s a collection of essays with a gay/lesbian theme, and I submitted a piece I wrote about gay marriage in California.

I’d love to be smug about my piece winning out over the cutthroat, but unfortunately, the editor seems to be having trouble getting enough submissions. Already the deadline has been extended, and it’s not clear when or even if it will get published. A little help, please? Any non-fiction stories about the gay and lesbian experience in America, your own or someone else’s, are welcome. 1,000 words or less; deadline is June 1. Submit electronically to Stacy Davies at wetheotherpeople@aol.com, or mail it to:

We the People, Too
PO Box 1524
Claremont, CA 91711

Please help make this happen!

No comments: